The main speaker for this seminar will be Kate McAlpine, who has lived in Tanzania for 23 years. When she arrived, she was struck by the plight of street children, and subsequently set up an organisation Mkombozi to help them. She will talk about the world views of Tanzanians who take action to protect children – as a lens on how large scale behavioural change to end violence may occur. Her websites are http://www.doingtherightthing.co and http://www.ccr-tz.org. Twitter@katemcalpine. For more information contact Janet Chapman on email@example.com
Latest from BTS
- Presentation with the All Party Parliamentary Group – “Tanzania; Making progress in Agriculture” – Tuesday 6th March 2018.
- Children’s Rights in Tanzania – Monday 29th January 2018, @17:10pm at SOAS Russell Square, London, WC1H 0XG.
- Events and Seminars
- Britain-Tanzania Society AGM 28th October 2017
- Newsletter – September 2017
- Modern Swahili Poems – Ushairi wa Kiswahili wa Kisasa – a seminar and book launch on 16th October 2017
- Informal Housing in Dar es Salaam: A Tale of Three Cities – Monday 20 November 2017
- Horticultural Products Export from Tanzania to EU Markets – 19th June 2017